Sports Premium Funding
The funding has been provided by the government for the year 2018 - 2019 to help primary schools to make lasting improvements to PE and School sport.
There are 5 areas which have been highlighted as being key to these sustainable changes:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity- kick starting healthy active lifestyles
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport
At Summerswood Primary School, we have put together a plan of how we think we can best spend the money to support the needs of the school in making long term positive change.
Year 3 Swimming Competency 2018 - 2019
40% can swim 25m in deep water without stopping
40% can use a range of strokes over 25m
0% can perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations
Click here for more information.