Sports Premium Funding
The funding has been provided by the government for the year 2019 - 2020 to help primary schools to make lasting improvements to PE and school sport.
There are 5 areas which have been highlighted as being key to these sustainable changes:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - kick starting healthy, active lifestyles
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport
At Summerswood Primary School, we have put together a plan of how we think we can best spend the money to support the needs of the school in making long-term positive change.
Year 6 Swimming Competency 2019-2020
78% can swim competently and confidently over a distance of at least 25 metres.
76% can use a range of strokes effectively.
61% can perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
At Summerswood Primary School, we do not currently use any Primary PE and Sport Premium funding to provide additional provision for swimming. However, this is something which we are in the process of reviewing.
Click here for more information.