Contact us on our class emails: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each year group across the school has been focusing on a different type of art. Reception have been focusing on abstract art and we have been looking at the paintings
We discussed shapes, sizes and colour when talking about these pictures.
We then explored different ways of making these masterpieces using paint, card, oil pastels, blocks.
The art work will be displayed in school.
Over the next few days see how many circles, squares or rectangles you can find. Can you make your own masterpiece using these shapes? We would love to see them if you could bring them into school.
We have been really impressed by how well the children have settled into Reception.
They are also doing really well during lunch times and lots of children have been excellent at trying new food.
- Please can you help them by going through the lunch options each morning so that they know what to choose.
- Remember the £5 contribution
- label all clothes and please check that your child has come home with the correct piece of uniform
- Ensure that the children have a spare set of clothes in school and return any clothes lent to you by the school.
- The school is a nut free school
- The school is participating in the Aldi scheme to try and win £20,000 worth of PE. IF you spend £30 or more in Aldi you will get a sticker. Please bring this into school to help us achieve our goal.
It has been a great week and been lovely to see most of the children coming into school with big smiles on their faces ready for another day in Reception.
We have spent most of this week showing the children the different areas of the indoor and outdoor classrooms, how to use all the resources and how to tidy up when they have finished playing. The children have also been getting to know the other children in their class and it has been a lovely watching them making friends and playing so nicely with each other.
Thank you to everyone for bringing in their 'Show and Tell' bags. The children have enjoyed talking about the objects they have put into their bags and it has been a great way to get to know your children. There are still some children who are waiting for their turn and we will hopefully get them done next week.
Thank you if you have already brought in your £5 voluntary contribution. If you have not done so please put it in a named envelop and hand it to the teacher. We really do appreciate the support with this as it help to ensure that the Reception curriculum is filled with fun and engaging activities.
Please note that we are a NUT FREE school. Please ensure that you DO NOT send any nuts (including peanut butter) into school as we have some children with sever allergies to this.
Have a lovely weekend and we look forward to seeing you all for a full week next week.
The Reception Team.
Click here for more information.